Join members of CohnReznick’s National Tax practice as we cover the various methods of converting and their resulting tax consequences, including several traps to avoid.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Reasons to convert including tax rates, access to more tax-efficient exit strategies, IPOs, and better access to outside capital investment
- Conversion alternatives
- Receipt of “boot” and the assumption of partner/partnership liabilities
- Step transaction doctrine and the control requirement
- Impact of the conversion on outstanding equity compensation and profits interests
- Up-C structures if conversions are impractical
Recorded on July 27, 2022
Please note the webinar will be played through your web browser. Speakers or a headset is required.