Taught by Jeffrey Mechanick, Assistant Director, Nonpublic Entities, for the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), key topics of our annual accounting update for not-for-profits will include:
- Guidance available from the FASB on COVID-19-related financial reporting issues
- Accounting considerations for the Paycheck Protection Program, and other COVID-19-related Federal assistance, under ASU 2018-08 and other applicable guidance
- The FASB’s recent standard on the reporting of gifts-in-kind (ASU 2020-07)
- Implementation guidance and tips regarding the leases standard (Topic 842) and the credit losses standard (Topic 326)
- Recent standards and projects on Reference Rate Reform (the phase out of LIBOR) and goodwill
- An upcoming invitation to comment on the FASB’s future agenda
The presentation will end with a Q&A session, so don’t miss this opportunity to have your questions answered directly by the FASB’s lead staff member for NFPs.
Please note the webinar will be played through your web browser. Speakers or a headset is required.