It’s Spring now, and the world is a much different place then it was 14 days ago. Almost every country on the planet is dealing with a pandemic, the likes of which has not been seen in 100 years. Fortunately, the United States government has been working swiftly to enact legislation and put in place parameters to help our citizens get through this trying time as we look toward our new normal. However, with all this new legislation comes thousands of questions, and concerns, that beg for answers – with one key piece being how will the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act impact me?
To assist with many of those questions, the CohnReznick National Tax team, along with other key Partners within the firm, will present a webinar to address recent federal and state legislative and policy changes that impact nearly every taxpayer and business in the country. This webinar will cover:
- Federal and state legislative and policy changes relating to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- A deep dive into federal employment provisions contained in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and (FFCRA) the CARES Act
- Coronavirus-related emergency sick pay and family leave requirements under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Federal payroll tax credits available to certain employers that provide FFCRA-required emergency paid sick leave and/or family leave
- Employer-related provisions of the CARES Act
- A practical perspective of recent and expected federal legislation that will impact you
As we all acclimate to this new normal of teams working from home, balancing the day to day with the safety of our families, and social distancing, please join us on this webinar where we hope to answer the questions that are pressing on your mind.
Please note that as the situation is evolving quickly, other topics may also be included in our discussion. Be well.
Please note the webinar will be played through your web browser. Speakers or a headset is required.
Recorded on: April 6, 2020